James is also from South Africa and comes from a farming background where team work and self-discipline values are paramount to get the job done. After completing school, James joined a sailing vessel on delivery from Durban South Africa to Fort Lauderdale. He skippered many day sails from Dania beach to Miami and this opened up an opportunity to work on a large charter yacht in the Mediterranean. James began as a deckhand and quickly learned how to drive tenders, operate Jet skis and maintain all of water toys and assist with the engineering and mechanical projects on board. James still enjoys helping in the engine room as this brings fond memories of fixing motorbikes and cars back home. After a few seasons in the Mediterranean James advanced to the first mate position on a private yacht. This yacht was based in Moscow and Germany for the winter allowing him to experience another new country. In his time off James enjoys canoeing, trail running, mountain biking, surfing, any kind of water sports and anything adventurous and outdoors.
Meet the Crew
- Michael is from Toronto and graduated with honors from the …Read More »
- Scotty is originally from Zimbabwe and grew up on his …Read More »
- Growing up on the Gold Coast of Australia, Karly has …Read More »
- Sierra’s goal is to provide guests with an outstanding level …Read More »
- Rai is French and obtained a Degree in Mathematics and …Read More »
- Cuan is from Cape Town South Africa and holds a …Read More »